On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

$3274

This is what it will cost to get our things from Aduana....Mexican customs. We are so relieved! They sure played that right!!!! If they would have told us this two months ago we would have freaked. Now, we are thrilled it is not $10,000!!!! Technically we could in reality pay 30% tax on Maurice’s tools, which he undervalued at $8000. They did not charge us any tax. The charges are only (see I am saying ONLY!!!!) for handling, their time for rifling (I am sure that is a good choice of words) through our things, and storage!! STORAGE!! Oh well...today we wire them the money. If they leave for here tomorrow we should (hope) have our things by the weekend.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....this is all so incredible and I too shake my head thinking I could never do it. I had to laugh at your honesty when you mentioned that Maurice suggested you put down your books and learn Spanish...MOI?????? I think the most incredible part is the journey and how this is all coming together. You can consult others who want to do this and make a fortune. This will be a best seller some day. You do have all of us at the edges of our chairs waiting for the next posting. I admire your patience, strength, intelligence and wonderful sense of humor and sense of adventure. I sit in my protected environment and marvel at what you two are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS YOU!!! Thank you for your note. You are the brave one! Never forget that. xo

    ReplyDelete