On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

YAWN

It is another night that sleep is running from me. I have been in bed for 2 hours, flipping like a minnow in this heat, so now I find myself on Maurice's computer (mine is still non-functioning) sharing my woes with you. It is hot!! Took a Tylenol PM an hour ago...so now I am yawning, but still not sleepy. Maurice happily snores away, 20 feet from me, as he is in the bedroom, and I am in our living room. If I threw a pillow it would land in the kitchen sink and if I tossed it a little further it would be swimming in the toilet. Such is our life in our little bodega.

We are getting closer, though, to "moving up". We will both really miss it down here. This is only the 7th month that we have lived here but it feels like home and we love it. We may just rent out the whole place up there and stay here and live happily ever after....I think Retro would be happy with that. He has all his favorite spots down here and we wonder what he will do "Arriba". We may just find him back on our porch, searching for his dog house.

We are looking at the week of October 11th to start our move up. We have to wait until the doors and windows are in, and we are hoping they will start to put them in that week. We need the kitchen installed too, and of course all the other services. If we can be in and settled in two weeks I will be thrilled. My sister Barbara is coming to help. Thank heavens! She is organized and thorough and disciplined. She can grab the margarita out of my hand and pull me from the pool when the boxes need unpacking! We still have lots to uncover in those boxes. How much more damage we will find I am not sure. Hopefully we got most of it already as we got our insurance check a couple of weeks ago. They were great about everything and so we ended up viewing the horrible "move" in a more positive light.

Speaking of lights, Maurice is moving around now. I think the light is bothering him so I will say good night for now.

Thanks for keeping me company...sure hope this pill kicks in! Tomorrow is pizza night and I need my beauty rest!!!

P.S. I had to get reading glasses to write this post! I know the light is dim now, but PLEASE! WHAT’S UP WITH THAT!! Reading glasses for the computer!!! Sleeping pills and reading glasses...oh oh...here comes a hot flash!! Maybe it is not really even hot here...maybe it is just me....

4 comments:

  1. Sounds all so wonderful. The time has gone by so quickly and you've accomplished so much. It's great that Barbara will be there and more fun, too. We'll toast to you Oct. 11 while in Rome. Good luck with everything. Hugs....AND welcome to my world (hotflashes, sleeping aids and reading glasses). Love you two....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my world! No reading glasses yet but I will think of you tonight as I flip from side to side watching the hours tick away! We are so excited for your progress! Soon you will have plenty of space to 'blog' in the middle of the night, so as not to wake Maurice. My Gosh! You will even be able to go to another casita if you need to still the sound of his precious snoring! giggle...can't wait until your own PC is back and your back to blogging more frequently...miss your frequent updates!
    Post more pictures!! Love ya! L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! you're movin on up!!!!!! Must be incredibly exciting......we're excited for you both! More pictures Please!!!!! L&W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading glasses are great but a pain aseverytime i need them they are in the other room! I buy like 7 pair and they all hide on me..lol
    Ambien...take 1/2 at night and it is great...I am tired of flipping around all night also.
    heat? we are at 52 right no andnights get colder. so enjoy the warmth.
    Brian and I are doing the big split, we tried for 27 years now and I think the honeymoon is over..lol time to enter a new stage of life. It has been hard, but neccessary.
    keep those updates gong..I so look forward to them. I need to know what is going on in real world.
    take care..I am so happy you are so close to your dream place...xxoo Mugsie

    ReplyDelete