On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Mayor of Todos Santos

I had downloaded these pictures and never got around to posting them so here I go...
sorry there will not be much verbiage as we have our friends here from Toronto and as they shower I will do this posting.

The mayor of Todos Santos was invited to come to Arriba de la Roca and do the ribbon cutting. He would also draw our winner, from the 300+ entries we had on line for a two night stay here. We assume he may have thought this was an event with many people attending since he called when he was to be here to inform us he was 15 minutes late. He and he companion-worker-constituent arrived to find Keith and Sharon, me and Maurice and the photgrapher, patiently waiting for him.



.


He graciously cut the ribbon with scissors I had just cleaned the shrimp with...they were a little dull for the event and the ribbon would not cut! I laughed so hard!!!



After he pulled the winner of our draw and Rosalba Miranda of Chicago was the lucky winner.



When we finished we asked him and his friend if hey would like something to drink. They got wine, toured around the place and ended up spending 4 hours here! We had a ball!!

It was a magical night! I even taught him how to steal someone's nose with your hand and put your thumb through your first two fingers to show you have stolen it. (Much to Maurice's dismay!!)

I guarantee you that he will remember this night as long as we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment