On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I CAN NOT BELEIVE....

It has been almost two months since I have done a post! Seriously, where does the time go? I have been deficient with my blog, as well as our Arriba de la Roca FB page. We have been really busy, but that is no excuse. We have been enjoying a nice number of guests and have been joyously sharing Arriba de la Roca with all who search us out.

In about 15 minutes I am taking our first European guests to the airport. They have been here for 6 days and I have experienced many "firsts" with them that I have not with other guests.

First of all they do not have a car so I have gotten a wonderful chance to bond with them as I have spent time in the truck with them, talking, while I take them to places. It was lovely.

Secondly, Maurice is gone. He is in Canada so I have been on my own. I really realize how much he does around here!! I miss him!!! Well...for more reasons than that!

Thirdly, I had a dinner catered for our guests. Since they did not have a car they were not able to dine out, like our other guests. The dinner was a huge success and I am going to post a picture on our Arriba de la Roca FB page. The food was very well prepared and the couple who did the catering were personable and our guests really enjoyed the experience. This pleases me so much as it opens up a great option for others who want to sit on our patio and watch the sun set, while enjoying a superb meal.

I will do better at keeping in touch on the blog. I think of things to write daily, but then never have the time to actually do it. You may only get a quick couple of sentences, but you will hear from me again....

Off to the airport and I will do a FB update later today.

2 comments:

  1. Finally I get my fix!! Every morning when I log onto my computer, I check the weather first, and this blog second.... Today I thought "why am I doing this? Shel is obviously very busy, which is a good thing." But lo and behold-- a new post! The only thing better will be seeing you in just 10 days or so! XXOO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I had almost given up checking the Blog, but gave it another try tonite, and low and behold!.....words like music to my ears! Shelby, your blog has always been such a huge part of the journey and it has kept all of us mesmerized with your words. Happy Day....you're back!

    ReplyDelete