On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You can’t escape Montezuma

Of course I come to Toronto and get sick. It is not from running non-stop and sleeping in 10 different places during my first 14 days here. It is not from too much activity, or wine, or good food. It is not because it is freezing cold here and I have no coat. It is not from STILL not knowing what I am wearing to the wedding, which is in three days. It is not even from yearning for our bodega! It is from a little bug that crawled into my stomach and has been trying to get out of me, using both ends of my body. Can I tell you this sucks hugely? I missed our overnight with Rudy and Edwina. I missed our dinner with my most favorite ex-client, Jerry Cayne and his partner Carol. I missed two days of just being around the city and running into people, shopping for a dress, and enjoying our time here. We are now sleeping at the Park Inn, Hi 27 in Etobicoke, the only advantage is that I can sleep and wake when I wish…and I hope I am not infecting anyone else.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. Need to get stuff done. Need to buy a dress!! Need to get Maurice’s tux. Need to go to the bank and all the errands we have been putting off.

Tomorrow I will wake up healthy and good.

Yes, tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

  1. Told you, Shel... when you go to Canada don't drink the water! ;) What's the equivalent of Montezuma's revenge? Gretzky's revenge?

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!! Can't wait to see you two!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete