On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Monday, June 7, 2010

My first week back

I really do not think I could have had a lazier week. I have been back 5 full days and have done nothing. Yes, I cleaned the bodega. Yes, I washed the inside and the outside of the truck. Yes, we walked a couple of miles a day with Retro, sometimes both in the morning and at night. Yes, I did some watering. Yes, we went shopping one full day, buying groceries and some paint etc. Daily we went up to the construction site and made changes, adjustments or decisions. We also had them remove two walls my very first day back. I read two books. I went to do some banking. I cook, do dishes, changed our sheets and took our landry into town. We even made it to pizza night on Wednesday, and went out for dinner and drinks with friends on Saturday.

Reading that list above and it seems like the week was rather full. It wasn’t. Why did I feel everyday that I did absolutely nothing? I did not even do a posting on my blog. My excuse was that we were having internet problems, and still are, but in reality it took too much effort. I do not think I have ever felt so lazy....

We wake up in the morning. We have coffee, then take Retro for his morning walk up the beach. The mornings right now are cloudy, overcast and cool. They feel like we are on the coast of Oregon or Washington. Most mornings you can not even see the mountain range through the atmosphere. We are not sure if it is the time of year, or if this is abnormal. We wear jackets and the air is fresh and clean. A new group of yoga people arrived here on Saturday but before that we were the only people on the beach. Everyday. No matter what time of day. We were the only ones on the beach. We like that. Now there are about 12 people on our beach. Not happy about that!!

Around 10 or 11 it starts to clear up and the sun is once again bright and warm. Maurice has been building cabinets for the kitchen in our bodega. I do nothing. I wander around, read, putz, really laze around. After 5 weeks of running non-stop, which was my entire life before, I am now back here doing nothing.

Today I will go up and take some pictures to post. The progress is amazing. They tell us it will be done in September. There is a lot to do before then….on my part. Today I made a list of t things I want to accomplish this week. We already did our walk. Now I am taking Retro to the vet for some shots. He is now 34 pounds! He is really growing and is a wonderful dog. We are so happy with him!!! I think he is happy with us, too. After I am done with that I have to go to the bank and pay some bills. Then I will find an internet connection and post this to the blog. That is what is on my list for today. I will also make dinner. I am exhausted thinking about it!

Such the life in Mexico….I still have not stopped smiling…..

3 comments:

  1. Shelby, I told Barb to get you going on your blog because I missed reading it and she said that you were having computer problems and I looked on it for grins just now and you must have heard me. LOL I really love reading all about your new adventure and it sounds like you had a great time in Canada and Wisconsin. I loved your description of the UP!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up this morning and checked your blog for an update. Much to my relief, you had posted! I really had missed your regular postings, and have felt like I laid my good book down somewhere and could not find it again! Thanks for the update Shelby! We'll look forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont let Retro get too big or he might become someones meal!
    It is nice to hear things are coming along well. am anxious to see more photos. I am so glad you and Mary have this adventure side as i can live my life thru you! I am such a home body!
    Just stay safe, sometimes when I read your blog I fear for you! but that is me i guess. Love you, keep enjoying and living your life to the fullest. and Keep sharing it with us home bodies.
    xxoo Mugsie

    ReplyDelete