On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Random

The sun is shining.

It is warm and breezy.

The sun will soon set magnificently over the ocean; right in front of our bedroom windows, no less.

At this time of month the moon is now a sliver and barely lights up the sky at night, but I see it in the mornings when I get up...still over the Sierra da la Laguna mountains.

Retro broke his toe, or foot today. Very sad as he limps around holding his rear leg up.

Today there are no clouds in the sky...again.

Tomorrow the vet is in town. We will take Retro in the morning.

Been watching 24 on DVD. Into the 21st hour. AND I THOUGHT WE DID NOT MISS TV!!! What a great show!

Scanning the best and worst dressed at Oscar night on my computer. AND I THOUGHT I DID NOT MISS PEOPLE MAGAZINE!!!

Sipping a rum and coke...yummy

Putting the finishing touches on our web site!

Had many guests...all people we love. Kids coming in two sleeps!

The whales are finishing their migration. Been a busy year for them and a great year for us whale watchers.

Are we happy we missed the worst winter in 35 years? Yes we are.

The days still fly by. Tomorrow is pizza night. Weren’t we just there??

Went to Cabo yesterday to buy “supplies”.

Retro is licking his back paw. His nose is getting dry. Ahhhhhh

Watered all the plants below today. Will do up on top tomorrow.

How can I walk the beach without Retro? The guilt will kill me.

We are going to have to put Jesus (pronounced HEY SEUS) down to two days a week. Now that is HARD!!! I am sure harder for him. Even though he knows the "end is near" we will tell him “soon”.

Maurice installed bars in our closets today. I can finally hang up clothes!! Helpful, since we do not iron.

Got our weekly water delivery today, too. Who else gets their watered delivered to them??...not many reading this blog I am sure.

Want to plant more plants, but will need to order more water. More plants vs. more water? Plants will win.

Yes, Maurice still has his snake.

My word the ocean is crazy blue this time of day.

Has anyone really ever seen a “green flash”??? We look every night...no luck. 30 minutes to sun set.

Retro is looking at me with furrowed brow. He sighs. Sorry, guy, can not help this time. The cactus we can pull out of your foot or mouth; the burrs we can remove...we can put iodine on your cuts from the barbed wire..the fleas we can get rid of. This time...only time will help.

There are two hikers on the cliff next to me. It appears they are settling in to watch the sun set. Think I will settle in, too.

1 comment:

  1. So poetic Shelby. Reading your words is as good as a Lemon Drop, and I say that with honesty. You make me happy and relaxed.
    Love you my friend....Laurie

    ReplyDelete