On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jackie and Tara

Today our friends from Wisconsin went home. We wished them good travels as we were once again sneaking out of the Presidente. We all decided when they were here visiting us on Sunday that Maurice and I would sleep on Tom and Jackie’s couch last night, which we did. It was a great end to a wonderful week. I got to see them 4 days while they were here! Since they were staying 1 ½ hours away that made me really happy.

Today is my three month anniversary here and we have had lots of visitors in the short time I have lived here. Whenever anyone leaves us I feel so blessed by the friends and family we have. There are few I have been friends with longer than Jackie and Tara; I have known them for about 37 years! Our friendships were formed while we were in University at UW Stevens Point and we have remained together ever since. Tara and I even stood up for Jackie when she and Tom got married about 34 years ago.

For the 17 years I lived in Toronto those two came to visit me every year. That says something about our friendship! They have made such an effort to maintain our closeness over the years and I love them dearly. We three have lived a lifetime of experiences together. We have been to shows, plays, spas, concerts, cathedrals, resorts, wonderful cities, hotels, restaurants….you name it, we have done it together. Than, after numerous years we started including our husbands in our adventures and this has been such a bonus for all of us. I had always been very close to Tom. Starting about 30 years ago he and Jackie spent about 15 Christmas Eve’s with my family. When my niece Becky was little she asked for Tom endlessly. He used to take my brother hunting when he was young. He and my Mom even owned some real estate together. He is my friend. But as far as the three guys all being together, and spending time with all of us this was new. Us 6 have taken two trips to Mexico together, been to Quebec City and Montreal, and of course Toronto.

This trip was their third visit here. They are loving watching the development of our dream. Tara was a little upset when we handed her a bucket and told her to start mixing cement, but other than that they loved it here!!
We even served them drinks in our bodega!! Other than my Mom they were our first real guests!


So now we are alone again. The project is moving at warp speed! I will update you tomorrow with some photos. Today, I wanted to say good-bye to my wonderful friends and let them know they are missed.

Tomorrow, back to reality….with less than squeaky clean hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment