On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Monday, March 29, 2010

Seriously funny!

So I am in the bathroom putting hair dye on my roots. When I am done I wander out into the living room and look outside. I see three boys playing with a soccer ball, and four men all around this bright blue truck. So I yell...”Hey Maurice!! Who are they??” “I don’t know”, he says, “Maybe they think this is a camp for kids.” Chuckle chuckle...then I say, “No, really, who are they?” He says maybe this is the new service station in town. Yesterday he fixed the tire on Senor Backhoe Retro’s retro, because the cement was too heavy and made it go flat. (I will not even get into the fact that one guy moved every single one of those bags by hand and his retro gets a flat taking them up the cliff!) So Maurice gets out his air compressor and fills the tire. All is good. Than a few hours later a car stops outside our place (locals passs by on their way to fish) and he has a flat. So, thinking it is ironic, Maurice pulls back out the compressor and fills his tire with air. All is good.

So I keep peaking out of the window...I mean God forbid they see me with hair dye on my head...so I peak and I can not figure out what they are doing there. My 20 minutes are up, dye job complete, and I TAKE A SHOWER!! YES WE HAVE RUNNING WATER!! It is not heated, but that is O.K....and we have to use a pliers to turn the thing off an on, but that is O.K. So, I take a shower, comb my hair etc. and I look out again. Now, Senor Backhoe Retro, who loves our dog’s name, BTW, is over there and so is Maurice. They are all chatting. Next thing, Senor gets in his retro and drives to the car and actually puts his big backhoe prongs under the guy’s bumper and lifts the car up. It appears Maurice was right. They had a flat.

Well I could not get our there quick enough, wet hair and little Retro nipping at my feet. I am laughing saying “primo mirra”. Literally this means “first look.” But I think they got it. The little boys were so cute and I surprised them with my laughing and my blonde hair, I could tell. Blonde are rare here. Giggling, wet headed blondes are rarer. Anyway, Senor Retro was also laughing; at me. It was quite I sight. These won’t do it justice, but here you go....


No comments:

Post a Comment