On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Some pictures from Maurice

I wanted to share with you pictures Maurice has sent me of what has been happening in Mexico as I am roaming around Canada and the mid-west. What he sent is some of the stone work that is being applied, by hand, piece by piece, to the bottom of the bodegas. He also sent me a picture of the round opening that was put in for casita number 2. I wanted put this large window in there so when someone is laying in bed they can look north, up the Pacific coast.
Than the coolest thing is that he went to the neighbouring land and captured the road, the bodega at the bottom and how the whole project sits on the cliff. It is much closer than it appears here, as there is an illusion of distance from the buildings to the edge. This does not exists since the cliff juts in and out. You can even see the path they made, from the parking lot up to the casitas. We will be getting a UTV of some sort to bring people, luggage, groceries, etc. up to the top.
Now they will begin our private area on the north end of this all. I get back in 10 days...
My next posting, when I get a minute to sit down and do it will be on parenting. After which I need to tell you about my drive to Wisconsin through Ontario and the UP..which is Upper Peninsula in Michigan.....can you say DIFFERENT PLANET!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment