On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The 550 square foot bodega.

Ochre. Cobalt blue. Rusty brown. Teal. French’s mustard yellow. These are the colors in the sink for our bodega’s bathroom. Our whole bodega is being decorated around this beautiful, rectangular vessel sink, purchased for $70. We have a matching 8 x 10 wool rug bought at a liquidation sale in New Market, Ontario. We have throw rugs, matching pillows made especially for the new rusty brown suede sofa sleeper, purchased to match the bathroom sink, which are all somewhere in the Atlantic...all except of course the sink. We carry this sink with us where ever we go. Gently bringing it in at night to keep it safe. It travels with us in case we see something that may “go” in our bodega! Laughable but true!

Now we will have a shower. Today we purchased solid colored tiles. Ochre. Cobalt blue. Rusty brown. Teal, and French’s mustard yellow which will form a patch work shower that I am very excited about! We were vacillating about which color to choose so we chose them all! Maurice also found today, the rusty red brick facade he wants to put around the front of the kitchen peninsula. Special ordered, we will have it in 3 weeks. He is very excited about it!

Tomorrow we will start priming the walls. It will be a good day!

6 comments:

  1. My friend, this blog is a gift to me...I love love love following your adventures!!!!! xoxoxo to you and Maurice...miss you more than you know

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOU, TOO!!Thank you for reading and following our adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Shelby, so I'm so hooked on your blog. Got to my office this morning, set up my laptop, got my usual glass of cold water, toasted half a bagel and smeared on ORGANIC, NO SUGAR, NO PALM OIL peanut butter. Went back to my office with my QUAD espresso and signed in to my desktop.....opened your site FIRST and read today's writings. This is like a super duper vitamin. AHHHH, now I can sign in and do some travel arranging. My morning is off to a wonderful start. So Danny is in Marshfield? Wow, small world, eh? Love you guys...AND Tom read your blog while on business in Dallas. He called me last night all snapped up from good wine and Scotch and was still laughing about Senior Backhoe. Have a glorious day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it was Gary Davis who I moved to California with. Met him in college. I met Dany in San Diego. I am SOOOO glad you are reading it. I talked to Barbara this morning and she said, "how is your painting come along." I said, "don't you read my blog??!!" I guess the answer is no!!!! WOW!! Tom read it too...and he mentioned it! You must be rubbing off on him.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I am reading it too! I have to find out what goes on outside Mosinee somehow!!! I use to rely on Mary, but your adventure is awesome to be a part of now. I just watched Julie/Julie..and thought of this blog...I still think it is gonna turn into a book and hope you are making a hard copy of it...it will pay the bills plus one day.
    Keep on writing and saving the rest of us from our boring lifes...lol mugsie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is unanimous...the Arriba de la Rocca fan club does the same thing every morning...from the cold, wild forests of Tottenham, I start every morning with my cup of tea and whatever it is I decide to eat for breakfast, turn on my computer and excited log onto this blog. Shelby you are a truly gifted story teller. I always feel like I'm right there with you during each adventure. We miss you more than words can describe and this is a nice way to keep in contact and to experience your adventure with you.

    Keep the stories coming they really have become a highlight that I look forward to each and every day. Hugs from Rick and I.

    ReplyDelete