On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Sunday, January 10, 2010

HURRAY

Hurray one of our workers actually showed up today!!! No more manana, manana. He came! He finished some work on the kitchen counter top that needed to be done before Mauricio (the Mexican worker) comes next week to seal them and the floors.

Hurray I finished painting!!! Still want to do under the kitchen counters one day, where the cupboards will be. Other than that all done!!

Hurray for Maurizio. He got all the palm trees watered.

Hurray for Home Depot. They actually delivered some of our stuff early! They said Monday and brought about 1/3 of the stuff today. Not in a Home Depot truck but in an unmarked pick-up truck.

Hurray we got to go the beach this afternoon. Almost forgot what is felt like to be watching the waves roll in! It was sunny and glorious.

Hurray we got to SWIM in the ocean today. My first time swimming on “our beach”. It is very dangerous in our spot because the waves are strong by the cliffs. About 3 minutes up the beach is fine, but you have to be a really strong swimmer to swim by us. Maurice and I are both strong swimmers but I never did more than wade in the waves. Today seemed safe so we came home covered in sand from head to toe as we were sandblasted by the waves. So cool!!!

Hurray cause for the first time we saw dolphins. Two, methodically leaping in and out of the water, really close to shore, right by where we were sitting. Thought we were at Marineland!

Hurray for yoga. At the base of the cliff, right next to us is a yoga camp. The camp is for advanced yoga teachers and they come for two weeks to hang with a yoga guru here named Shane. Apparently, from about 2 to 3 they take a break and come to the beach. Most of the girls are topless and a few are entirely naked. Did I have a happy husband, or what!!!

Hurray that I can finally get that white jeep out of my head. Today we got to see it and since the floors were rusted entirely through I did not think it would be a good idea to pursue it.

Hurray that we have a very exciting adventure tomorrow. Will fill you in when we return.

Hurray for all of you reading my blog. It really pleases me. Hugs to you all.

1 comment:

  1. If its nice when we're there I would love to camp out on your beach...take in the view and see if we can see any dolphins...that would be a dream come true for me...I fear that when I go there, I won't come back to Canada (lol).

    ReplyDelete