On top of the rock

On top of the rock
Our Cliff

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Repetition

I know I need an update but I fear I am becoming repetitive. The sun is shining. It is hot. I just got back from my two miles on the beach with Retro, and no… I have not lost a pound! Explain that! Two miles a day, through the sand on the beach and not losing a pound. What the heck!! Maurice’s loses weight in his sleep!! Oh well...I am chubby and happy.

Tonight is pizza night, although we can not really believe that. We just went two nights ago, or so it seems. The time flies by here like crazy!!!! The workers are still moving at warp speed; although we hear this will really slow down when they start the detail work. It is getting hotter here and I can not imagine doing what they are doing. They still seem happy and prideful of their accomplishments.

I do not think they are really happy with us right now because we are making changes to “the plan“. We did not realize how bad of an architect we had until we started dealing with details. Things like window placement and size. Areas of seemingly unusable space. No plans to connect all the buildings together with use of patios and lighting. Yes, he showed them on a drawing, but it is not realistic when we are standing up there figuring it out. We now have another architect, which we found through our pool man, who is doing some adjustments for us. When she brought us her first rendition it was all in color and 3D, from different angles. Our architect did our whole house in black and white using auto cad! No dimensions or design. I guess that is why we are up there twice a day, saying, “no, not there….how about here.” Now they want to know door sizes. Hmm….good question. I actually have a meeting on Saturday with two people who deal in old doors and architectural artifacts. I asked them to wait to put in the door “frames” until then. Nothing is really standard here, unless you go to Home Depot, and I do not want Home Depot doors….well maybe for the bathrooms, but not the outside doors. So, they will wait. We also stopped them from starting our main bedroom area. We originally wanted two floors…one on top for an office-no-TV-room. Now we are thinking of maybe doing everything on one level. The views are so beautiful, why cover them anymore than you have to. I know we are slowing them down, but we need to make the right decisions. The casitas are spectacular, as in our main room. We want every detail perfect.

See totally repetitive. I am going to the dump again today. Where does all the dump stuff come from? There are 20 guys working here and lots of cement bags, etc. We are living in a construction zone. I am trying to keep it as tidy as possible...not happening BTW!!! There are still broken blocks and wood all over everywhere...BUT, the sun is shining, it is hot, the beach is beautiful, and tonight is pizza night. If I can get Maurice to dance naked on the bar tonight then tomorrow I will really have something to tell you!!

1 comment:

  1. Maurice dancing naked on the bar?!!! Hot flash! I think I'm having a hot flash!!!!

    ReplyDelete